Don’t let the summer pass by with your child sitting in front of the TV playing video games all summer long!
• Keep your kids active during the summer with our half day martial arts summer camp.
• The objective is to create a fun and safe experience every day of the summer and encourage children to build good relationships, learn martial arts, demonstrate responsibility and set goals by following directions and playing safe.
• When martial arts training is presented through playing simple games and activities your child is gaining agility, coordination, focus and concentration, the ability to listen and follow instructions, good sportsmanship, and most of all … the technical skill of a martial artist!
• Parents can concentrate on making the best use of their time with the peace of mind that their children are having fun, making good use of their time, and staying healthy from the various forms of exercise they have the opportunity to enjoy.
Space is limited … Register Today!
Starts June 9 to Aug 15 | Monday to Friday | 8AM to 2PM
$125 for a 5 day week
Includes FREE Taekwon-do Uniform ($50 value)*
10% OFF for the 2nd sibling
*New students only, free uniform if student qualify to test
NO CLASS ON 7/4/14
Additional rules may apply
THANK YOU to all the participants of the UITF Spring Tournament in San Diego. Congratulations to all the winners
Taekwon-do’s Instructors Course on July 4, 2014.
Upcoming Black Belt Testing | November 1, 2014
Our training combines self-defense and combat techniques with sport and exercise. We cover kicks, a system of blocks, punches, open-handed strikes, various takedowns, throws, and joint locks. In Korean, tae (태, 跆) means “to strike or break with foot”; kwon (권, 拳) means “to strike or break with fist”; and do (도, 道) means “way”, “method”, or “path”. Thus, taekwondo may be loosely
translated as “the way of the foot and the hand.”
The teaching of the basic skills in FMA (Filipino Martial Arts) are traditionally simplified. With limited time to teach flashy and intricate techniques, only skills that were proven effective in battle and could easily be taught en masse were used. This philosophy of simplicity is still used today and is the underlying base of the FMA. Because of this approach, the FMA are often mistakenly considered to be “simple” fighting arts. However, this refers only to its systematization, not effectiveness. To the contrary, beyond the basic skills lies a very complex structure and a refined skill set that takes years to master.
Our training involves weapon-based fighting techniques of the late Grandmaster Lindsey Largusa.
• Various improvised weapons
• Weapon disarming
The philosophy and subsequent pedagogy developed for judo became the model for other modern Japanese martial arts. Judo led to the development of other martial arts such as a Sambo and Brazilian jiu-jitsu
It’s a workout that combines kickboxing and martial arts inspired moves that will undoubtedly improve your endurance and cardiovascular fitness, tone muscles and shred your abs if you practice consistently with power and precision.
Classes are set to energy packed atmosphere, and include instruction in proper punching and kicking techniques taught by professional martial artists.
These classes are all about cardio, body-toning, strength, and flexibility. We use resistance bands, Yoga balls, free weights, and heavy bags to provide a wide variety of training options for maximum results.
BENEFITS OF CARDIO KICKBOXING
Increases cardiovascular health
Increases coordination and balance
Burn up to 700 calories/hour
Drop In = 1 class $15
Class Cards = 5 classes $50
Two for Tuesday = bring a friend (2 for the price of 1)
(First Tues of the Month)